Monday 9 November 2009

Ricky goes to Font


And relief…I can climb again.

Basically the mild insanity that was starting to set in is now gone. Three months off climbing altogether since I tweeked my finger. The longest continuous break I've had in what feels like a long time. I know that’s not a very long time in the grand scheme of things, but it felt slightly epic at times. Missed out on climbing some things that I’d been trying but my main fear was that my finger might never ever ever get better. Obviously this was completely irrational.

Went to Font not expecting to climb, but when I got there, I found those little slopes helped my tweeky finger. It was class. I've always had a soft spot for font. It was my first climbing holiday 'sans' folks when I was 16. I've some funny memories of that place. Went back ever year for the next 4 years then sort off forgot about it.

So to go back there after having a wee break was just perfect. Climbed lots of classics and messed about in that social little forest. I love the place. Had a slight epic getting back to the airport which resulted in Craigy leaving a bottle of urine in the hire car.

Been back a few weeks now and been working 9-5 doing access work in the City Centre. My finger feels like it’s getting better now. Just going to be aware of it and start getting back slowly onto my some lines that I’ve been thinking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment